The Zoning Office is responsible for enforcing the provisions of the Downe Township Zoning Ordinance. Listed below are typical functions of the Zoning Office:
- Discover and ascertain the existence of any zoning violations.
- Investigate any alleged zoning violation.
- Prosecute zoning violations in Cumberland Salem Regional Court as provided by law.
- Accept and review Planning Board Applications and assist the Planning Board with respect to matters before the Planning and Zoning Board when required.
- Review building permits for zoning compliance.
- Review, inspect and issue required zoning permits for residential and non-residential properties.
- Pool (above ground and in ground)
- Shed up to 100 sq. ft.
- Driveway (for new construction or modification / paving of existing driveway)
- Addition of any impervious coverage over 100 sq. ft.
- Temporary storage containers
A copy of the Township Zoning Ordinance is available to the public for review in the Zoning Office, on line or a copy, which includes the zoning map, may be purchased from the Municipal Clerk for twenty-five ($25.00) dollars.