NEW CONVENIENCE CENTER PERMITS
All Downe Township Residents must have a new Convenience Center Permit to enter the Convenience Center.
To Apply for a Permit, stop by the Municipal Office at 288 Main Street, Newport between the hours of 9am – 4pm.
Residents must provide:
- Proof of Residency
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid Vehicle Registration
The new permits are FREE and valid for three (3) years.
For residents who have a designated person that transports your trash, please call the office at 856-447-3100 for further information.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following is a description of what the Downe Township Convenience Center is set up for and therefore, what is acceptable
- All normal household trash
- Bulky waste (large household items)
- White goods (iron, aluminum, or other light metal)
- Cardboard – all cardboard must be flat, clean, with no waxy residue
- Alkaline batteries
- Tires – car or truck – with or without rims
- Appliances (If you are disposing of refrigerator, please remove doors for safety reasons)
- Brush and small wood
Please recycle the following items:
- All office paper, newspapers, magazines, catalogs (put in small red container)
- Co-mingled glass, plastics, and aluminum cans (put in small red container)
- Alkaline batteries
If you have not received a convenience center card and sticker, please do so. If the attendants are not aware you are a Township resident, they may reject any waste being deposited. You may obtain the card and sticker at the Municipal Office, Monday – Friday.
When you are traveling to the Convenience Center, please remember to tarp your vehicles.
The Township will refuse any hazardous waste such as Asbestos material, chemicals, pesticides, antifreeze. The County offers many programs throughout the year for disposal of such material. You may contact the Cumberland County Improvement Authority at 856-825-3700 for more information.
In April of each year, the Township holds Amnesty Month. You will be able to bring 4 rimless tires and 1 Freon refrigeration appliance per household at no charge.
If you have any questions about recycling or the convenience center, contact Harry Levenknight at 856-305-3902.